Foo Fighters has just won a title tonight (8/28). The video ‘Walk’ crowned as the Best Rock Video in this 28th annual MTV Video Music Awards. The event that be held in Nokia Theatre, LA giving appreciation to music video contributors; musicians, director, editor, and others.
Foo Fighters’ Walk was the youngest video among others nomination. The video comes out in early June and receive nomination a month later. The other nominations were The Black Keys – Howlin’For You, Cage The Elephant – Shake Me Down, Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks, and Mumford and Sons – The Cave.
In other categories, Linkin Park lost to Katy Perry in Best Special Effects, and biggest 30 Seconds to Mars’ Hurricane which lost to Adele’s Rolling in the Deep out of 3 nominations; See full list of nominees.
In addition, the Video of the Year given to Katy Perry’s Firework, other winners are:
- Justin Bieber – U Smile for Best Male Video
- Lady Gaga – Born This Way for Best Female Video, Best Video with a Message
- Tyler, the Creator – Yonkers for Best New Artist
- Britney Spears for Video Vanguard Award – Till the World Ends for Best Pop Video
- Nicki Minaj – Super Bass for Best Hip-Hop Video
- Katy Perry (feat. Kanye West) – E.T. for Best Collaboration
- Adele – Rolling in the Deep for Best Direction in a Video, Best Art Direction in a Video, Best Editing in a Video, Best Cinematography in a Video
- Maná – Lluvia al Corazón for Best Latino Artist
Foo Fighters throughout their career collected 16 nominations on MTV VMA. The video ‘Walk’ become their second video to receive an award. The previous video which also won was ‘Big Me’ in 1996 for Best Group Video.