I can’t even imagine, how could a band has survived for decades, keep making new tunes and touring across the world. This one, who else don’t know? The Rolling Stones, hitting fifty years together (at least the two icon Mick & Keith) are really incredible. Salute for them, moreover they’re still making new songs or collaborations, they influenced artist across genres, so the rock n’ roll is such a virus, huh?
Celebrating their 50th anniversary, once again they’ll embark a tour and releasing a documentary film, also a greatest hits album ‘GRRR!’, which will including two brand new songs. So, don’t miss their stuff. Buy tickets and the new album.
‘GRRR!’ the fiftieth anniversary album, will be available in the following formats.
- Standard Edition: 3 CD (50 tracks) in a digipak with 24 page booklet
- Standard Edition: 3 CD (50 tracks) in a box set with 36 page hardcover book and 5 postcards
- Standard Edition: 5 (five) 12″ vinyl box set
- Deluxe Edition: Presentation box of 4 CD (80 tracks) plus bonus CD, 7″ vinyl, hardback book, poster, 5 postcards
The two new tracks, ‘Doom and Gloom’, and ‘One More Shot’ were recorded at Studio Guillaume Tell in Paris, France in late August 2012. This was the first time that the recent four-piece member recording new songs together in seven years (after A Bigger Bang in 2005). The song ‘Doom and Gloom’ was released on October 11 after its first airplay BBC Radio 2, followed by the album’s pre-order.
GRRR! will be released via ABKCO Records under Universal Music.
- November 12, 2012 in UK (Pre-oder here on iTunes (Deluxe))
- November 13, 2012 in US (Pre-oder here on iTunes (Deluxe))
Pre-order it now and get an instant download of ‘Doom and Gloom’. The song has since debut at #30 on Billboard’s Rock Songs Chart, as well in various other chart across the countries.
US & UK TOUR 2012
Four dates were announced as part of the 50th anniversary. These are called ‘spectacular arena shows’.
- Nov 25th & 29th in O2 Arena London, UK
- Dec 13th & 15th in Newark Prudential Center New Jersey, US
Buy tickets and get more info here.
A documentary film ‘Crossfire Hurricane’ was released for the Stone’s anniversary. The film was premiered in London yesterday (Oct 18), attended by all the four members: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood. According to the band’s official website, the premiere is part of the BFI London Film Festival.
‘Crossfire Hurricane’ will be screened in the USA on HBO on 15 November, and will also be shown on BBC TWO later in the autumn.
See what’s up? Don’t miss those things, they’ll never coming 50 twice!