U2 has a special gift for at least half a billion iTunes customer across the world by giving their brand new album for free. ‘Songs of Innocence’ released exclusively on iTunes, and users could be surprised if the album is on their library.
‘Songs of Innocence’ was announced by Bono and Apple at the company’s event on Tuesday (9/9), where the iPhone 6 launched. The entire album then immediately released to iTunes in 119 countries. This is not the first time that there’s a big deal between them. Previously, the lead single of their 2004 album was also released to promote both the album and the new Apple iPod that time.
The album’s lead single is ‘The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)’, and was performed live at that Apple event. While the songs are entirely new, some of us may have heard the second track ‘Every Breaking Wave’ at a U2 concert, maybe couple of years ago, and of course it’s a beautiful song.
Songs of Innocence.
1. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
2. Every Breaking Wave
3. California (There Is No End to Love)
4. Song for Someone
5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
7. Raised by Wolves
8. Cedarwood Road
9. Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
10. This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
11. The Troubles
12. Lucifer’s Hands [deluxe edition bonus track]
13. The Crystal Ballroom [deluxe edition bonus track]
14. The Troubles (Alternative version) [deluxe edition bonus track]
15. Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective Mix by Tchad Blake) [deluxe edition bonus track]
16. The Crystal Ballroom (remix by Tchad Blake) [vinyl bonus track]
‘Songs of Innocence’ will be released commercially on 14 october 2014 in all formats (digital, CD, vinyl), which means before that day the album is still free only at iTunes, iTunes Radio, and Beats Music.
Hope you won’t reject this great gift. Go listen to iTunes and prove it! http://smarturl.it/newu2album