British metal giant Iron Maiden will release their new, first ever double album ‘The Book of Souls’ on September 4, 2015 via Parlophone Records. The follow-up to 2010’s Final Frontier was recorded in Paris last year, with their long-time producer Kevin Shirley.
As reported last week, the new album will be the longest record they ever made with total of 92 minutes, and the closing song ‘Empire of the Cloud’ was their longest track ever with 18 minutes. That song along with the opener ‘If Eternity Should Fail’ were written by singer Bruce Dickinson in its entirety, those marks the first time since 30 years.
The lead single ‘Speed of Light’ will be released on August 14th.
“We’re really excited about The Book Of Souls and had a fantastic time creating it. We started working on the album in late summer 2014 and recorded it at Guillaume Tell Studios in Paris, where we’d done the Brave New World album back in 2000 so the studio holds special memories for all of us. We were delighted to discover the same magical vibe is still alive and very much kicking there! So we immediately felt at home and the ideas just started flowing. By the time we’d finished we all agreed that each track was such an integral part of the whole body of work that if it needed to be a double album, then double it’s going to be!” –Bruce Dickinson.
Iron Maiden – The Book of Souls – tracklisting.
1. If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson) 8:28
2. Speed Of Light (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:01
3. The Great Unknown (Smith/ Harris) 6:37
4. The Red And The Black (Harris) 13:33
5. When The River Runs Deep (Smith/ Harris) 5:52
6. The Book Of Souls (Gers/ Harris) 10:27
7. Death Or Glory (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:13
8. Shadows Of The Valley (Gers/ Harris) 7:32
9. Tears Of A Clown (Smith/ Harris) 4:59
10. The Man Of Sorrows (Murray/ Harris) 6:28
11. Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson) 18:01
More info including preorders, tour dates visit: www.ironmaiden.com